Thursday, June 2, 2011

Countdown to Summer Travel

Just a few more weeks until we leave on our Summer traveling.

So why do a blog about our travels? It always seems like we're not going to do anything very interesting but in the end we have some amazing experiences. I've thought about doing a blog before to document our travel hardships but always thought it might put a hex on the trip and cause it to not be as much fun. It also seems like bragging but I like reading other peoples travel blogs so maybe it's really giving back. At least I'm not opening a Jitters account!

This is my first shot at a blog and it seems that blogs are kind of old news so that's why I'm doing it now. I've become a late-adopter these days. Too many years of trying to get computers to do things they weren't ready for has left me jaded with any computer action that doesn't happen automatically and completely without hurdles. Luckily these blog websites seem to be a mature technology now. I'll sign up for Guybook when The Social Network VI is in theaters.

This is called the Random Family Travel Blog because we usually have a few vague ideas about what we might do, a hand-full of confirmed airline reservations, and a few hotel printouts and sort of wing the rest of it in a random fashion. This year we will visit Barcelona and Olot Spain, some cities in Italy, Prague and Florida.

Now let me try to add a few images from last year.








No comments:

Post a Comment